Thursday, March 27, 2014

Watercolor Nails

Hey guys! Today I'm actually a day early on the nail art march challenge so I figured I'd go ahead and post these. The theme was watercolor and these were so fun to do! I love nail art that doesn't have to be perfect and this technique definitely doesn't require a steady hand or any special tools.

I saw this technique a while back on YouTube but I can't for the life of me remember where. First, I started by painting my nails with a base of OPI Alpine Snow (geez, I think I've used this in every mani in the blog so far!) After dry, I took 3 different acrylic paints and diluted each one down with water.

 
After I mixed water with the paints, I started by taking a small nail art brush and dipping in one color at a time, and spreading it over my nail. Since its acrylic paint and not nail polish it will dry a lot faster, so after the first layer is dry you can go ahead with your second and third colors spreading them around until you get a color mix that you like.
 


When the colors dry, they'll have a matte finish. If you like this, you can stop there! It really is pretty matte-ified, but I added a layer of China Glaze Fairy Dust over the top for a little extra sparkle. I seriously can't resist glitter ever, you guys.
 
I had a lot of fun creating these watercolor nails and I can't wait to try different colors!
 
 
 

2 comments: