Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring-y Nails

 

 
Spring is finally in the air! Kind of... either way, its definitely inspiring my nail art! These first nails were for day 20 of the #nailartmar challenge by @californails and they were super easy!
 
First I started with a base coat (I prefer Seche Vite, but any will work just fine). Next I added two medium layers of OPI's Tiffany Case, and then I used a dotting tool to make the yellow centers of the daisy using Zoya's Solange from their Pixie Dust collection. Once I was happy with my circles, I took a small nail art brush and starting making varying strokes while staying relatively close together to create the look of overlapping petals using OPI Alpine Snow. If you don't like the textured feel, you could add a layer of top coat to finish it off, but I personally love the textured feel!
 
 
 
 
The next somewhat "springy" nails I have tonight were for day 22 of nail art March, and I just did a simple gradient which turned out quite nicely color wise, in my opinion. To create this look I used a makeup sponge to blend the colors and sponge on over a base of OPI Alpine Snow. The colors I used were:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear- Lacey Lilac
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails- Hard-core Party
Maybelline Color Show- Pretty in Peach
Sinful Colors- Unicorn
 
I wasn't sure these colors would go together at first but after I finished, I was impressed with how nice they complemented each other. I was trying to recreate a sunrise I saw on my way to school the other week (oh the joys of 8 A.M. classes!)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment