Monday, March 31, 2014

blink-182 nails

Hey guys!

So today is the last challenge for nail art march and I can't believe I've already finished two nail art challenges! Today's theme was "drips" aaaaand sometimes I interpret these themes very loosely :P I decided to do a mani with something I love very much in it- blink!

 
To get this look, I started by painting my nails with a white base, then I used straws to pick up the nail polish and blow spatters onto my fingers. (Caution: USE TAPE! The nail polish will splatter everywhere, but if your fingers are taped around them then clean up is super easy) For the accent nail, I took both the pink and turquoise colors and wiped the excess polish off until there was barely any on the brush and then ran that over my finger to create a streaky-ish look. I then painted the smiley with acrylic paint, which is a lot easier to work with than actual polish.
 
I've seen blink nails like these before so I'm definitely not the first to do them, but I love how they turned out! At the risk of sounding corny, Mark, Tom and Travis helped me through some trying times with their music. I can't say there is a blink song I don't like...
 
And I hope you guys like these nails! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment